Friday, July 1, 2011

Night.

As I lay awake, I listen
to the sounds of the night.
The windows are open,
a truck roars by,
the sound of the interstate, across the way,
sings to me as it does always on
summer nights.

And then I hear a bird.  Really?
Is it morning already?
I haven't even slept yet!
Its a mocking bird.
It is 1:00am, is he mocking me
for drinking a cup of coffee so late?

My mind wanders, trying to sketch in my
mind all these sounds
for soon, so very soon,
they will be only a memory.
What night sounds will there
be in the city?

So many changes,
but good changes.
I'm ready.



My daughters, they are growing up
and they are watching me.
Tonight they are on a new adventure
sleeping in their fort in the barn.
Are they sleeping?
Oh the adventure of their
young, innocent hearts.

I wonder if they know how
proud of them, I am?



Time to sleep,
but sleep won't come.
I'm pondering and thinking.

I need to let go of MY plan. (again)

My grace is sufficient for you,
for my power  is made perfect
in weakness.  II Cor. 12:9

Breathing in the night air,
I know the the God of the whole
universe is closer than the
next breath I take.

His plan is perfect.
In the verses following
Jeremiah 29:11
He promises that we will find
Him when we seek Him with all
our hearts.



Consider how the lilies grow,
they do not labor or spin,
Yet I tell you, not even Solomon
in all his splendor was
dressed like one of these.
Luke 12:27


Linking up: Virtual coffee

No comments:

Post a Comment

{Thanks for stopping by.}