Monday, April 4, 2016

Blustery day in April - Homemade granola bars in my kitchen!

 Yesterday was an unexpected day at home.
YAY!!
And so...
Granola bars have been on my
"to try" list and so I tried.


 I kinda followed a recipe but
really you could say I just used a recipe
as a reference.


They taste yummy to me!

Here is what I did, after referencing the recipe.

3 cups whole oats

1/2 cup honey

3 Tbsp. maple syrup

1/2 tsp. cinnamon

1/2 tsp. vanilla

1 1/2 cup of a mixture of things I had in my cupboard:
sunflower seeds
chopped up figs
rasins
dried cherries
pumpkin seeds

I then toasted the oatmeal at 350 for 15 minutes

While it was toasting I heated the honey and maple syrup in the microwave

then added the cinnamon and vanilla

After the oatmeal was toasted I stirred in the honey mixture

and then added the fruit and nut mixture.

I then dumped it into a 8 x 8 pan lined with parchment paper

pressed it down and left it cool.

 Then I melted chocolate
(maybe a cup of chocolate chips)
and spread it on the cooled oatmeal in the pan.
After that set up
I flip the whole thing out and then
I cut it into bars and
melted more chocolate and
drizzled it over the bars!


Next time maybe I will add some peanut butter and chocolate chips.

I do think that that the chocolate on the
bottom helped them stay together.



I think they are tasty and I think they are kinda healthy!
Win. Win.


No comments:

Post a Comment

{Thanks for stopping by.}