Wednesday, December 16, 2009

So sweet.....




Cakes aren't the only sweet thing, today as I was shopping I observed an older couple. The lady had drop a pen and her sweet husband picked it up for her, of course, that's expected. But what happened next is what brought tears to my eyes and all that happened is she said "Thank you". I know you are thinking of course she did, but what I have observed lately is that we are so polite to complete strangers and those closest to us who we love the most get our impatient and impolite response. I didn't get a chance to tell them how their kindness to each other, touched me. And challenged me!
Merry Christmas to you and yours, and may the real reason we celebrate fill your lives with peace and joy the whole year thru.

2 comments:

  1. I love reading about your story. How similar it is to mine. I never dreamed I would be making cookies for complete strangers and making money to help spread the Gospel of Jesus to others....specifically in the Ukraine. The money raised by the sales of my cookies has allowed me to pay for one entire trip to the Ukraine AND help with ministries we are doing there.

    It sounds like God is doing the same for you. I feel a strong kinship with you already. How cool!

    Your cakes are gorgeous! That's just like God, isn't it. People tell me all the time how beautiful my cookies are, but in my heart I KNOW that God is doing it through me. I've never been a creative person and who would have thought that I would enjoy putting icing on a cookie so much!!!

    Keep it up dear. You are doing a fabulous job. Obviously God's favor is on you. :-)

    Pam

    ReplyDelete

{Thanks for stopping by.}