Saturday, August 6, 2011

~"ICE CREAM"~

It started with a box of 200 cones...
and no ice cream to fill them.

So what is a girl to do?
Bake of course!


What seemed like a simple little project
turned out to be a bit
frustrating but still sweet in the end.

First I baked mini cupcakes...


 After they had cooled
I crumbled one and filled the
bottom of the cone...


Then my daughters added a
swirl of frosting...





And they added another mini cupcake
on top of the frosting swirl,

And then I added a swirl of frosting on
top and my little man
added the sprinkles.


Super easy to make but...
the hard part was getting them to the party.

I made holes in an egg carton to hold the cones
but with the frosting on top they became top heavy
and so every bump and turn along the way
was a potential disaster waiting to happen.



We did make it to the picnic without
any major frosting/cupcake disasters.

What I learned?
I learned that I should probably make
a neat little cone holder if I plan to make these
again and I learned that even though they
weren't perfect, the kids enjoyed them.


Sweet as can be!




Linking up:

5 comments:

  1. Mmmm! Those look so mouth-watering. If you get a chance I would love you to link your treats up to More the Merrier Monday. It lasts through Wednesday so you have plenty of time to stop by. See you there. http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look yummy! Thanks for linking up with me for Friday Favorites. I'm featuring you this week! Come by and grab my featured button if you'd like one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THAT is cute idea, I have not seen this yet! I am visiting from Someday Crafts and I am a new follower!! Hope you have a great week and I see you around soon!
    Michelle
    www.delicateconstruction.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These do sound really good. I am sure they were hits with young and old alike.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun idea!! I love the crumbled cupcake in the bottom and the layered frosting!! I definitely want to try these sometime!!

    ReplyDelete

{Thanks for stopping by.}